Sports injuries don’t heal miraculously
Sports injuries are both painful and frustrating because one minute you’re doing fine and the next you’re incapacitated. Whether you’re an elite athlete or a weekend warrior, the result is the same – time out from what you love doing.
Sports injuries don’t heal miraculously by themselves, and the sooner you start physiotherapy the better your chances of a faster recovery and minimising the effect on your sporting performance.
The keys to a smooth recovery include;
- Getting an early and accurate diagnosis. A comprehensive assessment will include the identification of any training or biomechanical factors which may be causing tissue overload.
- Starting an effective Rehabilitation Plan
How your Physio can help your Sports Injury?
- Hands-on treatments are used to improve mobility and decrease muscle tension, including myofascial release, deep tissue massage and joint mobilisation.
- Exercise therapy will address neuromuscular and biomechanical factors to ensure that movement restrictions and muscle imbalances are corrected for long-term benefits.
- Systematic Progression is a process that teaches you why you’re doing an exercise, what it should look and feel like and how to make appropriate variations to enable progression to a successful end result.
At Lilyfield Physio, we all enjoy keeping physically active ourselves and appreciate the importance of not only helping you recover but also help you return to ‘the best you can be’ at your chosen sport.
Our physiotherapists have many years of experience in treating sports injuries including;
- therapists with post-graduate qualifications in Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy.
- therapists who have worked with both weekend-warriors and international-level athletes.
Our exercise programs usually include a variety of treatment techniques and evidence-based exercise routines which aim to ensure strength, range of movement and full function, are returned as early and as effectively as possible.
Rest assured that you are in good hands and your sports injury treatment will be elite-athlete standard (even if you’re not).