Movement and exercise are essential to you living well – and we’re here to help you. Whether it’s your favourite sport, a morning walk, working the garden or improving your overall fitness.
Unhappy with your hips or knees?
If you’re suffering symptoms of knee or hip osteoarthritis, you’ll be GLA:D for this program. Developed by researchers in Denmark, research from the GLA:D program shows symptom progression reduces by 32% when using this education and exercise method.
This program is unique in that the education and exercises provided can be applied to everyday activities. By strengthening and correcting daily movement patterns, you can train your body to move properly, prevent symptom progression and reduce pain.
What is the structure of the GLA:D program?
The GLA:D Program is an education and supervised exercise program involving:
- An initial assessment, where 2 short outcome measures are completed (30 second chair stand test and 40 metre walk test)
- 12 x supervised group exercise sessions of 60 minutes duration, delivered twice weekly
- 2 x group education sessions of 60-90 minutes duration, delivered during the program, preferably before you start or in the first few weeks
- A follow-up assessment 3 months after the initial assessment, where the two outcome measures are retested
- You also complete an online questionnaire at baseline, 3 months and 12 months post completion.
All the above components are delivered by our GLA:D certified practitioner.
Medicare-subsidised visits under the Chronic Disease Management or Enhanced Primary Care plan are valid for 1:1 consultation, including an initial assessment, 3-month follow-up assessment and 1:1 supervised exercise only.
Call us and book an appointment to let us help you with your Osteoarthritis.
For further information on the program click here to visit GLA:D Australia.