HELPING YOU THROUGH
The health and safety of our most valued patients and staff is our immediate priority and we are constantly responding to the evolving advice from the Australian Department of Health. Following these precautions and recommendations, stringent hygiene protocols have been put in place throughout the clinic to keep you as safe as possible. We would also like to express our thanks to each of you for your continued support and patience as we all navigate this uncertain time together.
If you have an upcoming appointment with us, be assured we are here to look after you. We are working extra hard to create a healthy, welcoming and calm environment for you.
HEALTH & SAFETY
If you have a sore throat, cough, fever or otherwise feel unwell, please stay at home, take care and seek medical guidance as required. If you have recently travelled overseas, or you are unsure of your possible exposure to COVID-19, please contact our reception team to discuss your options for a Telehealth (online) consultation.
We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the hygiene measures we are taking to ensure patient and staff safety within the practice:
- We are asking all visitors to wash hands thoroughly upon entering the practice. We have hand sanitiser available throughout our practice.
- Our exercise equipment, including the bike, reformers, weights, poles, and balls are being disinfected after use. We are using hospital grade disinfectant throughout the practice, including our gym. Equipment is being disinfected before and after use.
- We are asking everyone to bring a water bottle and clean towel when attending any exercise session.
- We have removed the magazines from our reception area and chairs have been separated and are being cleaned regularly throughout the day. We are doing our utmost to keep to appointment times to minimise your waiting time.
Simple measures we can all take to help prevent the spread.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. Use hand sanitiser when you don’t have access to a sink
- Avoid touching your eyes, face and mouth
- Sneeze into a tissue or your elbow and cover your mouth if you need to cough.
TELEHEALTH / ONLINE CONSULTATIONS
If you are unwell or need to self-isolate, we can continue to provide expert and confidential care via telehealth consultations (online consultations).
The benefits of a virtual consultation with your treating physiotherapist have been shown to be just as beneficial as a face to face consultation for management of pain and rehabilitation from injury.
We can provide education, advice and simple instructions on how to ‘self-treat’. We are presently investigating more options for exercise sessions and home exercise programs, to keep you on track.
Here are some frequently asked questions about how online consultations work.
1. Can my treating physiotherapist or exercise physiologist conduct a proper assessment during an online consult?
Yes, our assessment will be guided by your completion of an initial questionnaire which will provide us with the information that we need to help work out what is causing your problem.
Further questioning will be followed up with a video examination watching how you move and your strategies to perform various tasks.
With this information, we can discuss your diagnosis and treatment options with you.
2. Can my physiotherapist or exercise physiologist provide proper treatment online?
Advise and education can be incredibly valuable when directed by expert clinical reasoning following a good assessment.
Your rehabilitation and management program will include options for self-treatment in place of hands on therapy and targeted exercises for both short and long-term symptom relief.
3. Is my consultation and information discussed secure?
Yes. We use a platform called Coviu to provide virtual consultations. It is an encrypted, secure platform. You don’t need to download any special application, you simply click on a link and accept an invitation to the online appointment
4. How do I follow up after my consultation?
We can send you your individually prescribed exercises with pictures, and instructions and special cues relating to how you responded in your on-line consultation.
5. Do my online consultations qualify for a private health insurance or medicare rebate?
Online consultations by physiotherapists and exercise physiologists are not currently eligible for private health insurance or Medicare rebates. We have taken this into account and adjusted the cost to help make looking after your health more accessible.
6. What is the cost and how do I pay for an online consultation?
Online physiotherapy consultation:
40 minute consultation: $80
20 minute consultation: $50
15 minute exercise/review: $40
Online exercise physiology consultation:
30 minute consultation: $55
15 minute exercise / review: $40
We shall invoice you following your consultation and provide you with the details for direct debit payment. Alternatively, you can phone our reception and pay by credit card.