HELPING YOU THROUGH
The health and safety of our most valued patients and staff is our immediate priority and we are constantly responding to the evolving advice from the Australian Department of Health. Following these precautions and recommendations, stringent hygiene protocols have been put in place throughout the clinic to keep you as safe as possible. We would also like to express our thanks to each of you for your continued support and patience as we all navigate this uncertain time together.
If you have an upcoming appointment with us, be assured we are here to look after you. We are working extra hard to create a healthy, welcoming and calm environment for you.
HEALTH & SAFETY
If you have a sore throat, cough, fever or otherwise feel unwell, please stay at home, take care and seek medical guidance as required. If you have recently travelled overseas, or you are unsure of your possible exposure to COVID-19, please contact our reception team to discuss your options for a Telehealth (online) consultation.
We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the hygiene measures we are taking to ensure patient and staff safety within the practice:
- We are asking all visitors to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water upon entering the practice. We have hand sanitiser available throughout our practice.
- We are using hospital grade disinfectant throughout the practice and all equipment is being disinfected after use.
- We are asking everyone to bring a water bottle and clean towel when attending any exercise treatment session.
- We have removed the magazines from our reception area and chairs have been separated and are being cleaned regularly throughout the day. We are doing our utmost to keep to our appointment schedule to prevent any waiting time.
TELEHEALTH / ONLINE CONSULTATIONS
In recognition of the increasing threat of COVID-19, our services for face to face physiotherapy and exercise physiology have been significantly scaled down.
However, this has given us the opportunity to expand our telehealth options to help you through this lock down time. Virtual consultations have been shown to be just as beneficial as a face to face consultations for exercise rehabilitation.
A teleconsult with your treating physiotherapist is now proving to be particularly valuable to diagnose and manage neck and back pain, often related to how you use your body and changes in your physical activity. We can help you understand your problem and give you simple instructions to show you how to make valuable changes to ‘self-treat’ your problem.
1. What to expect with a physiotherapy teleconsult?
An in-depth assessment and discussion with an experienced physiotherapist
You will be asked to perform various movements and tasks to help determine your problem
Your physio will discuss their impression and diagnosis with you and answer any questions you may have.
Understanding, is a big part of self-management and our aim is to make this clear and uncomplicated with treatment options to help you move more freely and without pain.
You will most likely be shown some exercises and given the relevant cues you need to keep you on track.
2. Is my consultation and information discussed secure?
Yes. We use a platform called Coviu to provide virtual consultations. It is an encrypted, secure platform. You don’t need to download any special application, you simply click on a link and accept an invitation to the online appointment
3. How do I follow up after my consultation?
We can send you your individually prescribed exercises with pictures, and instructions and special cues relating to how you responded in your on-line consultation.
4. Do my online consultations qualify for private health insurance or medicare rebate?
YES many private health insurers and Medicare now both offer a rebate for telehealth consultations.
- Medicare rebates are now available for patients with an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) plan for physiotherapy or exercise physiology from your GP.
- Please contact us to discuss how your EPC plan is processed at our practice.
5. What is the cost and how do I pay for an online consultation?
Online physiotherapy consultation:
40 minute consultation: $98
20 minute consultation: $82
Online exercise physiology consultation:
30 minute consultation: $55
20 minute exercise / review: $40
We shall invoice you following your consultation and provide you with the details for direct debit payment. Alternatively, you can phone our reception and pay by credit card.