HELPING YOU THROUGH
Lilyfield Physio is open and we are here for you.
Once again, we must respond to the recent outbreak of COVID 19, and we would like to give you a quick update of what this means for you.
- As an essential service, we are expecting to remain open for you through this outbreak.
- All individual Physio and Exercise Physiology consultations will continue, and we are looking forward to seeing you.
- If you are unable to come to the clinic or would prefer to see us via Telehealth, we can still look after you with a video consultation.
- Telehealth consultations can be booked with our reception staff on 9810 2203 or booked online via our website.
- Group exercise sessions will not continue in their present form over the next 2 weeks. We are rescheduling all clinical exercise sessions into valuable 30-minute 1:1 sessions. Please ring our reception to schedule your exercise session.
- FitBones, Circuit Classes and Abs Classes will only be offered as virtual classes and shall be run during their scheduled timeslot. Booking for these classes can be made online or by phoning reception. We shall send you a link via email to join the class in the morning of the class.
- All staff and patients are required to wear masks while in the clinic and we have reinforced our Covid-safe plan to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff; (please see below)
Telehealth Video Consultations
A teleconsultation with your treating physiotherapist has proved to be particularly valuable to diagnose and manage many acute and persistent episodes of pain and to assess and manage exercise programs.
What to expect
- We use an encrypted, secure platform called Coviu to provide virtual video consultations. You don’t need to download any special application; you simply click on a link which we send you and accept an invitation to the online appointment.
- Although we cannot use our hands, we can help you understand your problem, advise you on pain relief techniques, and give you simple instructions to show you how to manage your injury or concern.
- If you have a new injury or concern, we shall discuss your history with you and ask you to perform various movements and tasks before making a specific diagnosis.
- If you are needing to commence or progress an exercise or functional training program, video consulting enables us to check your form and keep you on track.
- And we can send you your individually prescribed exercises with pictures, and instructions and special cues relating to how you responded in your on-line consultation.
Do your online consultations qualify for private health insurance or Medicare rebate?
Yes, private health insurance and Medicare rebates are available for telehealth consultations.Private health rebates are available for patients with extras cover. Please check your health fund.
Medicare rebates are available for patients with a current Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) plan for physiotherapy or exercise physiology from your GP. Please contact us to discuss how your EPC plan is processed at our practice.
We are closely following the Australian Physiotherapy Association and NSW Department of Health guidelines and you can be assured that providing a safe physical environment for you and our staff is our immediate priority. We shall be:
- Advising all patients and staff to postpone coming in if they are feeling unwell.
- Complying with the 4m density rule throughout the clinic and maintaining safe social distancing practices in the waiting room and treatment areas.
- Hand washing before, during, and after each appointment.
- Providing hand sanitiser throughout the clinic for use before, during, and after all treatment sessions.
- Wiping down all surfaces and equipment with hospital-grade disinfectant after each use.
We want to reassure you that we shall be here throughout the outbreak. If there is anything we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to give us a ring on 9810 2203.